Guest Relations Sales Associate
|January 12, 2013 - June 15, 2013|
|Location:||Royal Oak, MI|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Department:||GR/Rides and Attractions|
|Description:||The Guest Relations Sales Associates are responsible for providing quality customer service to all guests of the Detroit Zoo. Service and service recovery must be provided in a professional, efficient, proactive, and safe manner. All employees must be committed to ensuring our guests have engaging, meaningful, and memorable experiences.|
|Duties:||• Responsible for achieving high customer satisfaction scores, revenue generation, and sustaining long-term sales goals outlined by the organization (details in Guest Relations Manual)|
• Demonstrate the ability to use proven sales techniques and strategies which result in substantially increased earnings
• Demonstrate in-depth product knowledge in all sales categories including Rides and Attraction areas
• Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals
• Actively sells all packages including ZooMORE.
• Greet visitors in a friendly, professional, welcoming manner and resolves guest complaints as able, and involving the supervisor if needed.
• Provides information about facilities.
• Collects admission, parking, railroad, theater, carousel and simulator fees.
• Properly and safely handles all revenue in accordance with procedures.
• Directs visitors to various facilities and exhibits.
• Assists in locating lost children.
• Responds to emergencies by notifying proper authorities and following instructions.
• Maintains premises in a clean and orderly condition, reporting malfunctioning equipment, wear and tear, damage, and theft.
• Helps set up for special events.
• Responds to customer needs.
• Complies with all federal, state, local, and organizational policies/procedures.
• Completion of High School Diploma or GED.
• One year of experience in sales and customer service or other activities involving positive contacts with the public, upselling and cross promoting experiences.
• 1-2 years of college
Work locations are determined by season, event, and volume of visitors. Work is largely performed indoors with exposure to computer monitors and on occasion some exposure to seasonal weather conditions and elements.
Able to perform the essential functions of various duties; walking and standing for long periods of time; stooping; kneeling; and bending; lifting up to 25 pounds. Work is light to medium
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.