|April 08, 2013 - May 21, 2013|
|Location:||Royal Oak, MI|
|Salary Range:||$11.00 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Description:||The Mailroom Clerk will manage inventory of the physical assets of the Society to include fixed assets. The Mailroom Clerk will carry out processes to ship and receive items.|
The Detroit Zoological Society has an immediate need for a temporary Mailroom Clerk. This position will be required to work 25-40 hours per week.
|Duties:||Authority and Accountability|
The Mailroom Clerk has the authority to carry out the job requirements and responsibilities and is accountable to the Director of Park Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and monitor appropriate shipping and receiving operations to encompass the following activities:
1. Maintain shipping document files.
2. Update inventory in database.
3. Return items that are incorrect or damaged; forward credit notifications to accounts payable.
4. Provide list of notifications to switchboard to notify department buyers that orders are ready for pickup.
5. Ship packages for departments utilizing proper shipping methods.
6. Approve office supply orders for department buyers and submit to appropriate supplier.
• Perform office tasks (filing, copying, record entry, maintaining logs, telephone and email, etc.)
Regular work schedule may include occasional evenings and weekends. The work environment is generally comfortable and most work is indoors although the position may be required to work outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions on occasion.
The ability to perform principal duties is required. The Mailroom Clerk must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs and could involve long periods of standing and routine ladder climbing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to perform office tasks (filing, copying, record entry, maintaining logs, telephone and email, etc.)
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
• No prior experience with shipping/receiving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be able to follow instructions, carry out tasks with reasonable supervision.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Learns quickly and can work independently.
• Excellent writing, analyzing, computing and organizing skills required.
• Must be personable, flexible, detail-oriented, motivated and able to work independently as well as meet deadlines.
• Previous experience working in shipping and receiving or similar capacity.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.