|August 07, 2013 - August 20, 2013|
|Location:||Royal Oak, MI|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Payroll Analyst is an integral part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A department and is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll which includes entering payroll data, verifying accuracy of figures, posting, balancing, reconciling payroll information and providing reports to management. In addition, the Payroll Analyst will assist the FP&A with budgeting and analysis. This position requires the highest degree of confidentiality. |
|Duties:||• Using the time and attendance software and time clock, collect timesheets/timecards/time data each pay period.|
• Compile and enter employee payroll data into payroll software as required.
• Complete, verify, process and reconcile documentation for employee benefit withholdings such as retirement, medical/dental insurance, section 125, etc.
• 401(k) – ensure all payroll withholdings (loans, deferrals, DZS matches) are deducted and remitted timely and within IRS guidelines; reconcile all DZS remittances to plan vendor and posted to employee/participant accounts; work with HR in regard to maintaining employee change transactions/forms.
• Review new employee payroll information.
• Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, resignations, etc., in order to maintain up-to-date records.
• Process all payroll adjustments, including manual payroll checks.
• Prepare all payroll entries for posting to the general ledger.
• Maintain payroll filing system and ensure confidentiality of records.
• Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to payroll and submit to appropriate departments.
• Prepare and balance month-end, quarter end and year-end reports.
• Keep management informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
• Assist with the annual audit.
• Perform clerical support functions, including typing, filing, copying, and answering telephones as necessary.
• Perform all other duties as assigned which may include assisting with setup, implementation and teardown of special events, exhibit openings, assist with emergency operations, etc.)
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W2c, etc.)
• Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
• Assist in budget preparation and analysis
• Maintain monthly revenue and expense analysis as assigned.
• Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Finance Director or Chief Financial Officer.
• 5 years of experience in processing payroll.
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
• Certification as a payroll administrator or similar payroll certification preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices
• High degree of professionalism.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
• Decision making, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Prepares a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. , retirement plan transfers, ACH transfers, voluntary and involuntary contributions, W-2 controls, verification of employment and salary, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written
• Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, spreadsheets, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Knowledge of payroll processing procedures.
• Strong mathematical and analytical abilities.
• Familiar with general ledger analysis and journal entries
• Experience processing payroll for union and non-union employees.
• Experience processing payroll for 150+ employees.
• Experience managing an automated time and attendance system (ADP or similar company)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.